Friday, May 4, 2007

Fixie

So time for an update about my planned new bike.

First of all, if you want to see what it's all about have a look at this VIDEO, to me it sums up the sort of bike i'm after.

I rode a fixed wheel bike yesterday it was unreal, no noise, no brakes, constantly engaged with the bike. I'm still in a dilema about what sort of bike to go for, wether I go for a single speed frame with an MTB edge or something more street, i'm not sure. Half of me thinks get soemthig that I can use for mbb as well. half says make it a dedicated street machine. To that end i've been looking at these new bikes from swobo, super smooth, i've also been looking at some frames by a company called surly.

I've no idea yet really, i think i'm going to go down the street version, tight riser bars, no brakes, fixed wheel, semi slicks.... watch this space.

Also dont forget...Customer 1000 tonight!

No comments: