Friday, October 31, 2008

Winter

So it's officially winter. The nights come sooner the mornings are crisp and frosty, riding in to work in gloves and hat, thermal tights on but there's something great about it. You see the one thing about this time of year is that you see more sunsets and sunrises, early fog burning off, frost melting in the sun. It's not all bad, that happens when it gets wetter..

I've had some time off recently as I've not been feeling too well, very unusual for me but I guess 18 months of straight working has to have an impact somewhere. Any how key to my recovery has been plenty of Vitamin C, so imagine my good fortune when I was out on the cycle path this morning and I discovered some of these lots of lovely rosehips. They are packed full of Vitamin C and this time after the first frost they are the sweetest. My enthusiasm for a spot of foraging was rekindled at the DO lectures when I met foraging expert Yun Hilder a really interesting chap who makes the most of what nature throws his way. Whilst on the subject of the DO lectures and food I should point you towards this place the Carreg Restaurant a fantasic little place with some great food if your ever heading toward deepest Wales..

So what else have we been up to? This November Luke and I have decided to get hairy and grow a moustache for Movember (November) to raise money for ‘The Prostate Cancer Charity’. If your keen on donating you can go here

That's it for now, in the mean time happy Halloweeeeeeen...

No comments: